Boosting Bone Health:
- Coconut oil can improve calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health.
- Considered a “friendly fat”
- Coconut oil is“thermogenic” – eating it tends to boost fat burning
- Many studies show that medium chain triglycerides can boost metabolism
- Medium chain fatty acids are metabolized differently than most fats
- Tastes delicious
- Gives a creamy consistency
- The body uses its medium-chain fatty acids as an energy source instead of storing it away.
- Added health benefits – spark your metabolism in the morning with a scoop of coconut oil in your smoothie
Getting Rid of Body Odor:
- Smooth some coconut oil on your armpits. The lauric acid can help kill the bacteria that causes body odor.
- Coconut can help boost immunity and help fight colds
- Contains lauric acid, which has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-viral properties that might help fend off potential illnesses. A number of studies show that coconut oil can boost a weakened immune system by improving white blood cell counts, which helps the body fight viruses and infections.
- Can also help treat the infected area – great for babies with diaper rash.
Buff your Skin:
- Coconut oil is a fantastic ingredient for DIY body scrub. Just mix it up with brown sugar or salt, and add a drop or two of the essential oil of your choice for a gentle but effective exfoliating scrub.
I’ve been buying Argan oil for years now to keep my hair from frizzing. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been saved from those humid and rainy “bad hair days” because of its amazing properties.Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I could use it for cooking too (well, not really cooking, more like finishing) [...]
Maybe you put ﬂax in your smoothie or yogurt or maybe you use it when you are baking. By now, we all the know that ﬂax is considered a super food and has the omega 3 healthy fats your body needs to function and deliver some big health beneﬁts. The problem, until now, was that [...]
Hello 2018!! January 18th was Women’s Healthy Weight Day so I figure it might be worth discussing what exactly you can do to get to or maintain a healthy weight!! Was your New Year’s Resolution to “get healthy?” Do you think it means that you will never enjoy what you are eating again because it will taste like [...]
Thinking about going vegan? If so, it requires a lot of planning and forethought. You need to make sure you know which foods will give you the protein, vitamins and minerals your body needs. Vegans can be at risk for some nutrient deficiencies, but not if they know what they are looking for. I have counseled numerous clients [...]
I have more than enough time in my day to eat healthy … said no one ever! There are dogs to walk, kids to shuttle back and forth, clients to see, and yoga classes to take. Sometimes, it’s just what I need to make myself a smoothie and go. It’s so simple to do — throw fruits or vegetables, [...]
Back to school means back to packing school lunches. Yup, I said it! If you're like me, those words sent a shudder down your spine. What's a busy mom to do? I’ll tell you what I do… I remember that “Pretty Colors Feel Very Soothing.” Okay, okay. Now you're scratching your head and wondering if this is some [...]
It seems that MCTs are all over the news. What's the real deal? You hear about possible health benefits of them and you are not even sure what they stand for. MCTs are Medium Chain Triglycerides. They are unique because their chemical configuration enables them to be absorbed easily in the gastrointestinal tract. Other fats need to be broken down [...]
No-Bake Oatmeal Balls is a favorite recipe at the Carrington Farms office! Not only is it a delicious snack which uses Organic Flax Chia Blend to increase energy, but it is super easy to make. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting while the balls harden in the refrigerator before enjoying them! Click on the video [...]