Benefits of Coconut Oil
Boosting Bone Health:
- Coconut oil can improve calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health.
- Considered a “friendly fat”
- Coconut oil is“thermogenic” – eating it tends to boost fat burning
- Many studies show that medium chain triglycerides can boost metabolism
- Medium chain fatty acids are metabolized differently than most fats
- Tastes delicious
- Gives a creamy consistency
- The body uses its medium-chain fatty acids as an energy source instead of storing it away.
- Added health benefits – spark your metabolism in the morning with a scoop of coconut oil in your smoothie
Getting Rid of Body Odor:
- Smooth some coconut oil on your armpits. The lauric acid can help kill the bacteria that causes body odor.
- Coconut can help boost immunity and help fight colds
- Contains lauric acid, which has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-viral properties that might help fend off potential illnesses. A number of studies show that coconut oil can boost a weakened immune system by improving white blood cell counts, which helps the body fight viruses and infections.
- Can also help treat the infected area – great for babies with diaper rash.
Buff your Skin:
- Coconut oil is a fantastic ingredient for DIY body scrub. Just mix it up with brown sugar or salt, and add a drop or two of the essential oil of your choice for a gentle but effective exfoliating scrub.