Coconut Oil FAQ’s
CARRINGTON FARMS ORGANIC UNREFINED COCONUT OIL FAQ’s
1) Are the plastic jars BPA Free?
2) Do you use Hexane?
No, our coconut oil is hexane free.
3) Is your Coconut Oil unrefined and do you use chemicals?
Yes, Carrington Farms coconut oil is unrefined and no chemicals are used in the processing of the coconut oil.
4) Where the coconuts are grown and where it is processed?
The coconuts are grown on Organic farms in the Philippines.
5) Is it certified organic and non-GMO coconut oil?
Yes, we are certified by Quality Assurance International and all our coconuts are non-GMO.
6) Is the coconut oil made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra?
Yes, we use young coconuts and not dried copra.
7) Is there heat applied in the processing?
No, we use a cold expeller press process.
8) Is it refined, bleached or deodorized?
Our virgin coconut oil is Unrefined, Unbleached and Un-deodorized.
9) Can I make cookies and cakes with coconut oil instead of butter or oil?
Yes, coconut oil is great as a fat replacer for baking, cooking, etc. Use on a 1:1 ratio – for every 1 teaspoon of butter, use 1 teaspoon of coconut oil; for 1 tablespoon of oil use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, etc.
10) Is your Coconut oil processed in a nut free facility?
Yes our facility is a peanut and tree nut free.
11) Why was the Coconut Oil a liquid or solid at the store and now it is a solid or liquid?
Coconut oil changes from liquid to solid at around 74-76 degrees F. The nutritional make up of the coconut oil is not altered at all when it changes from liquid to solid.
12) How do I make my solid coconut oil into liquid?
The easiest way to do this if you only want a small amount is to put it in a bowl and put the bowl in a “warm bath”. (put the coconut oil bowl in another bowl that is filled with warm water).
13) How do I make my liquid coconut oil into a solid?
Keep the jar in a cool place. If none is available you can put it in the refrigerator.
14) Do you use heat in the extraction process?
No, our process is cold and at no time during our processing is there external heat applied.
15) Do you use any animal testing on your products?
No we do not.
16) What is the breakdown of Medium Chain Triglycerides in your coconut oil?
Each tablespoon (14 g) coconut oil will provide 6.2 g lauric acid, 1 g caprylic acid and 800 mg capric acid.
17) How much Omega 6 and 9’s are in your coconut oil?
There is 924 mg of Omega 9’s and 252 mg of Omega 6’s per 1 tablespoon (14 g).