Health Benefits of Goji Berry Powder
Often promoted as a superfood, Goji berries have become incredibly popular in recent years. Assumed to prevent signs of aging while boosting the health and vitality of our immune system, Goji berries have certainly developed a fair bit of hype. In this blog, we’ll break down all you need to know about this superfood and more!
What Are Goji Berries?
The Goji Berry is also known as the wolfberry. Translated from the Latin term Lycium Barbarum, the Goji Berry is a species of fruit native to Asia and historically used within the Asian cuisine. Striking off the vine, this fruit has been revered throughout traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese medicinal communities, dating back at least until 3rd Century AD!
Meet Li Ching-Yuen — The Goji Berry Fanatic That Lived Until 256
In fact, one such Chinese herbalist went by the name of Li Ching-Yuen, a tactical advisor and herbalist with an implied age of 256 years! While we very much doubt the veracity of Li Ching-Yuen's claim, the herbalist would popularize superfoods like Goji berries while simultaneously earning national renown for his longevity.
Upon making its way out West, the Goji berry would experience a marketing rebranding as Western markets began to revere the item for its health-boosting capabilities. While studies are still out on this fascinating Asian fruit, we do understand some key health benefits afforded by the plant.
Health Benefits of Goji Berry Powder
While we very much doubt that regularly consuming Goji berry powder will lead you to live until you are 256, there are very real and very tangible health benefits that the nutritional supplement can provide. When sourced as an organic and nutrient-rich superfood from Carrington Farms, consumers can expect a slate of potential benefits to get delivered with every scoop.
Let's explore each benefit that Goji berry powder can provide before unveiling a few of our favorite Goji Berry-based recipes!
- Protect Your Vision — Brimming with antioxidants, Goji berry powder is said to help humans stave off age-related issues with their eyes. Goji berries are purportedly beneficial to our vision as they feature antioxidants like zeaxanthin. The antioxidants that improve our vision can help to prevent damage caused by free radicals, oxidative stress, and UV Light. A study published by Drug Design, Development, and Therapy would unveil that Goji berries can help to protect the retina from potential glaucoma, as well.
- Promote Healthier Skin — Do you know what a carrot and a Goji berry have in common? They are both brimming with beta-carotene, a plant phytochemical revered for promoting healthier skin. Take a walk down your local cosmetics and face wash section to see how many products contain beta-carotene, you'll be shocked! Beta-carotene is an ideal ingredient found within skin reams focused on reducing irritation, managing sunspots, and fighting back against aging signs.
- Anti-Aging Benefits — If Li Ching-Yuen is to be believed, his steady diet of Goji berries played a huge role in his overall health and wellness. While we aren't sure if the man really lived to 256, Goji berries do offer plenty of anti-aging benefits. The antioxidants found within Goji berries are ideal for preventing damage to collagen caused by free radicals. Additionally, Goji berries have been found to boost DNA synthesis, protecting against DNA damage!
- Improve Depression, Sleep & Anxiety — More than just a powerful supplement for boosting our immune system and providing anti-aging benefits, Goji berry powder is also said to benefit our fights against depression, anxiety, and even sleep insomnia. It's true! A 206 study on rats through the use of Goji berries helped to unveil improvements in anxiety and depression. A study in America would prove that the regular consumption of Goji Berry juice could even lead to improved digestive health and energy!
We've only begun to touch on the many benefits that Organic Goji Berry Powder is said to provide. Now, let's take a moment to better understand how to incorporate this winning antioxidant-filled product into our daily diet.
Unique Recipe Featuring Goji Berry
One of our favorite aspects of Goji berry powder is how dynamic, flexible, and easy-to-incorporate the ingredient has become. With a host of simple recipes at our fingertips, you can enjoy body-boosting benefits provided by Goji berry powder from the comfort of home.
Let's outline a few simple recipes that you can enjoy at home with Goji berry powder and a few household ingredients.
- 2 Cups of Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Goji Berries
- 1 Tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Goji Berry Powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
Blend these ingredients until your consistency is smooth and drinkable. Serve cold for an instant boost of hydrating, energetic Goji Berry Smoothie!
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Organic Goji Berry Powder
For a sweet treat that's perfect on a hot summer day, consider prepping a tray of Carrington Farms Summer Swirl Superfood Pops. Simply blend the following ingredients before freezing into eight popsicle molds.
Find Organic Goji Berry Powder at Carrington Farms!
For more than two decades, the team at Carrington Farms has stood for better, more accessible products that taste great and do wonders for our bodies. With a goal of making healthy ingredients as simple, clean, and accessible as possible, shoppers will enjoy finding access to USDA Organic, Non-GMO products.
To learn more about the innovative team behind our favorite Organic Goji Berry Powder, head to Carrington Farms, today!