Boosting Bone Health:
- Coconut oil can improve calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health.
- Considered a “friendly fat”
- Coconut oil is“thermogenic” – eating it tends to boost fat burning
- Many studies show that medium chain triglycerides can boost metabolism
- Medium chain fatty acids are metabolized differently than most fats
- Tastes delicious
- Gives a creamy consistency
- The body uses its medium-chain fatty acids as an energy source instead of storing it away.
- Added health benefits – spark your metabolism in the morning with a scoop of coconut oil in your smoothie
Getting Rid of Body Odor:
- Smooth some coconut oil on your armpits. The lauric acid can help kill the bacteria that causes body odor.
- Coconut can help boost immunity and help fight colds
- Contains lauric acid, which has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-viral properties that might help fend off potential illnesses. A number of studies show that coconut oil can boost a weakened immune system by improving white blood cell counts, which helps the body fight viruses and infections.
- Can also help treat the infected area – great for babies with diaper rash.
Buff your Skin:
- Coconut oil is a fantastic ingredient for DIY body scrub. Just mix it up with brown sugar or salt, and add a drop or two of the essential oil of your choice for a gentle but effective exfoliating scrub.
It seems that MCTs are all over the news. What's the real deal? You hear about possible health benefits of them and you are not even sure what they stand for. MCTs are Medium Chain Triglycerides. They are unique because their chemical configuration enables them to be absorbed easily in the gastrointestinal tract. Other fats need to be broken down [...]
CARRINGTON FARMS ORGANIC UNREFINED COCONUT OIL FAQ’s 1) Are the plastic jars BPA Free? Yes. 2) Do you use Hexane? No, our coconut oil is hexane free. 3) Is your Coconut Oil unrefined and do you use chemicals? Yes, Carrington Farms coconut oil is unrefined and no chemicals are used in the processing of the coconut oil. 4) Where the coconuts are [...]
Non-Food Health benefits:Hair Care: The unique fatty acids in coconut oil have a small molecular structure and pass freely into the hair’s cell membrane, allowing for the oil to penetrate the hair’s shaft.Massaging oil into the scalp can offer relief from dandruff. Coconut oil can kill the fungus and dryness that causes dandruff. A teaspoon or [...]