Boosting Bone Health:
- Coconut oil can improve calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health.
- Considered a “friendly fat”
- Coconut oil is“thermogenic” – eating it tends to boost fat burning
- Many studies show that medium chain triglycerides can boost metabolism
- Medium chain fatty acids are metabolized differently than most fats
- Tastes delicious
- Gives a creamy consistency
- The body uses its medium-chain fatty acids as an energy source instead of storing it away.
- Added health benefits – spark your metabolism in the morning with a scoop of coconut oil in your smoothie
Getting Rid of Body Odor:
- Smooth some coconut oil on your armpits. The lauric acid can help kill the bacteria that causes body odor.
- Coconut can help boost immunity and help fight colds
- Contains lauric acid, which has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-viral properties that might help fend off potential illnesses. A number of studies show that coconut oil can boost a weakened immune system by improving white blood cell counts, which helps the body fight viruses and infections.
- Can also help treat the infected area – great for babies with diaper rash.
Buff your Skin:
- Coconut oil is a fantastic ingredient for DIY body scrub. Just mix it up with brown sugar or salt, and add a drop or two of the essential oil of your choice for a gentle but effective exfoliating scrub.
I’ve been buying Argan oil for years now to keep my hair from frizzing. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been saved from those humid and rainy “bad hair days” because of its amazing properties.Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I could use it for cooking too (well, not really cooking, more like finishing) [...]
Maybe you put ﬂax in your smoothie or yogurt or maybe you use it when you are baking. By now, we all the know that ﬂax is considered a super food and has the omega 3 healthy fats your body needs to function and deliver some big health beneﬁts. The problem, until now, was that [...]