Beet Root Hummus
Not only gorgeous and delicious, but this superfood recipe also provides added micro and phytonutrients and a slightly sweet flavor.
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of chickpeas
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp ice water
- Olive oil, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Drain the chickpeas of their liquid and rinse. Place them in a large pot and cover with two cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10-15 minutes, until chickpeas are very soft. Drain and let cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, combine cooked chickpeas, Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, and salt. Pulse for 1-2 minutes until everything is broken down and no large chunks remain.
- With the food processor running, stream in olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to process for 2 minutes, or until the hummus is smooth.
- With the food processor running, add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time until hummus is light and fluffy. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Spoon mixture onto a platter and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.