California Hot Dogs and Accordion Potatoes
Use Carrington Farms Organic Ghee and Ghee Spray to make the perfect dinner that is sure to please your entire family!
- 3 large red potatoes
- 3 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Carrington Farms Ghee Cooking Spray (for the grill)
- 6 hot dog buns
- 6 beef franks
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F then wash, dry and cut off the ends of the red potatoes. Place 2 skewers on either side of the potato then make thin vertical cuts all the way across, flip over and make thin diagonal cuts. The skewers will stop the knife from cutting through the slice of potato.
- Carefully pierce a skewer through each potato slice then gently stretch it out.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Carrington Farms Organic Ghee, salt and black pepper. Brush the skewered potato slices with the seasoned ghee then roast for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven, turning them half way through.
- Preheat a grill to 450°F for the hot dogs and spray with Carrington Farms Ghee Cooking Spray. Add franks to heated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often to cook evenly.
- Toast the hot dog buns on the grill and crisp up the accordion potatoes on the grill for the last couple of minutes.
- Assemble the hot dogs and top with diced tomato and avocado. Garnish the accordion potatoes with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of salt. Serve with ketchup and mustard.