Cassava Flour Biscuits
Thanks to our Organic Cassava Flour, you can create buttery, flaky biscuits but with better-for-you ingredients.
- 2 cups Carrington Farms Cassava Flour
- ½ tsp Carrington Farms Xanthan Gum
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Carrington Farms Organic Ghee, cold
- 1 cup Buttermilk, cold
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Chives, thinly slices
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Weigh the ghee, put it in a small bowl, and then pop it into the freezer so that it's as cold as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cassava flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Stir in the chives and cheddar cheese.
- Add the cold ghee and cut it into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter until it comes together into crumble pea sized pieces.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the cold buttermilk. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together into a dough.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin, adding more cassava flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Roll into a rectangle, then fold in half. Repeat 4 times, then roll into a 4X8 rectangle 1 inch thick. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, while you preheat the oven to 450.
- Cut the biscuits into 8 squares, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with melted ghee. Bake for 12 minutes. Serve immediately.