With our Organic Coconut Flour and Organic Ghee, you’ll taste all of the juicy, crispy, tanginess Chicken Piccata has to offer without changing your eating habits.
- 2 lbs Chicken cutlets, tenders or chicken breasts (halved horizontally)
- 2 ½ tsp Salt, divided
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 6 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Chicken stock
- 1 Lemon juiced (1 tbsp)
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Capers, drained
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken with 2 teaspoons salt and pepper on both sides. Place the coconut flour on a plate. Dredge the chicken in the coconut flour and shake off any excess. Discard the coconut flour when finished dredging.
- Heat 3 tablespoons organic ghee in a large skillet set over medium-high until the organic ghee has melted.
- Working in batches, taking care not to crowd the pan, add ½ the chicken and sauté until golden brown, about 2 ½ - 3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a plate when they finish cooking.
- Add 3 more tablespoons of organic ghee and finish cooking the 2nd batch of chicken.
- Add the shallot to the pan drippings and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Add the stock and simmer until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then stir in capers, lemon juice, and zest to taste. Season with remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Garnish with parsley if using.
- Serve the chicken with the piccata sauce poured over the top of the pan-fried chicken, alongside your favorite pasta or salad.