Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies
These cookies will have your family swooning while also provided an added punch of fiber.
- 1 cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop simply tera’s organic whey protein, bourbon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil, simply tera’s protein powder, ¾ cup coconut milk, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, sift the Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Fold the flour mixture into the liquid mixture.
- Divide the batter into 15 balls, using your hands to roll them.
- Place the balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten the balls into cookies.
- Bake at 325F for 15 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.
- Once cooled for 30 minutes, combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk in a small bowl to create glaze. Spoon glaze over each cookie.