Ground Lupin Bean Sushi
Ditch the takeout menu and get on a roll with this game changing low carb sushi recipe.
- 2/3 cup Carrington Farms Ground Lupin Bean
- 3 nori seaweed sheets
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into long strips
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & cut into long strips
- 1 red bell peppers, cut into long strips
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Cook the Carrington Farms Ground Lupin Bean according to package instructions then transfer to a bowl to cool. To microwave: Mix 2/3 cup of Carrington Farm Ground Lupin Bean with 2/3 cup of water and heat on high for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the ground lupin bean cools, prepare the vegetables for the sushi.
- To make the sushi, place a nori sheet with the rough side facing up and the shiny side facing down onto a sushi rolling mat. Next, add the cooled ground lupin bean in an even layer to about half of the nori sheet then add layers of the cut vegetables in rows. Lightly wet the border of the nori sheet with some water, then carefully roll, tuck and roll it into a sushi roll. It is best to have clean and dry hands for this.
- Using a clean and sharp knife, cut the sushi rolls into equal size slices. Run your knife under warm water and dry after each slice to ensure you have clean cuts.
- Serve the ground lupin bean sushi with sesame seeds and gluten-free coconut aminos.