Halloween Mummy Cookies
These gluten-free, vegan Halloween Cookies still have that soft cookie consistency...just with better-for-you ingredients.
For the cookies:
- 1/4 cup Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Carrington Farms Xanthan Gum
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Dash of salt
For the chocolate glaze:
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Line one large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients: Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour, Carrington Farms Xanthan gum, salt and powdered sugar
- Stir in maple syrup, Carrington Farms Organic Ghee, vanilla extract, and almond milk at room temperature.
- Combine with a silicone spatula for about 40 seconds until it forms a soft, sticky, and moist cookie dough.
- Set aside for 5 minutes at room temperature. The dough should stay soft, sticky, and easy to roll into balls.
- Scoop one tablespoon of batter and roll it between lightly oiled hands before placing the ball on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten the ball into a cookie shape.
- Repeat the step above until you form 9 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the sides are just starting to become golden brown. Note that baking time varies a lot based on the thickness of the cookies. Don't over-bake them, or they will be very hard and dry in the middle.
- Cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes (don't touch them as they are still soft when hot). After transfer on a cookie rack to cool down to room temperature
- Combine 1 teaspoon Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil with the semi sweet chocolate and microwave in 30 sec intervals until chocolate is very smooth. Dip each cookie into hot chocolate, set aside to dry.
- Combine 1 teaspoon Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil with the white chocolate and microwave in 30 sec intervals until chocolate is very smooth. Transfer the melted white chocolate into a piping bag. Pipe mummy striped onto the chocolate dipped cookies. Make little dots to resemble the eyes and place a mini chocolate chip on top.