This quick and easy lunch is bursting with fall flavors. So delicious you'll want to keep the vinaigrette all season long.
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed, chopped
- 1 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Carrington Farms Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil
For the salad:
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- To make the dressing, combine the mustard, grated garlic, fennel seed, Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large measuring glass. While whisking continually, stream in the Carrington Farms Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil and whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- Strip the kale from the stems, chop it, and rinse it under cold water. Drizzle the kale with the olive oil and use your hands to massage well.
- Transfer the massaged kale to a large serving bowl. Top the salad with pumpkin seeds, cranberries, apple slices, and goat cheese. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.