The best homemade pastas are made with Carrington Farms Semolina Flour!
(makes 8 servings)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Carrington Farms Semolina Flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sift all-purpose flour, Carrington Farms Semolina Flour, and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Make a mountain out of flour mixture on a clean surface; create a deep well in the center. Break eggs into the well and add olive oil.
- Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well. When the mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, begin kneading with your hands.
- Knead dough until it is smooth and supple, 8 to 12 minutes. Dust dough and work surface with Carrington Farms Semolina Flour as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap; allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to desired thickness. Cut into your favorite style of noodles
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, 1 to 3 minutes (or longer depending on thickness). Drain immediately and toss with your favorite sauce.