Homemade Twix Bars
Not only gluten-free, refined-sugar free, and dairy-free, but this recipe is made with our Organic Coconut Cooking Oil and Organic Coconut Flour for an added boost of MCTs and fiber.
For the Shortbread Layer:
- 1 ¼ cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- ¼ cup Real Maple Syrup
For the Caramel Layer:
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 6 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- 6 tbsp Real Maple Syrup
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin Unrefined
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. To make the shortbread layer, combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the shortbread mixture into a small baking dish that is lined with parchment paper, press down into an even layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown then allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the caramel layer, add the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined then pour over the cooled shortbread layer and spread out evenly.
- Place into the freezer until it hardens completely, about 1-2 hours.
- For the chocolate layer, add the ingredients to a microwave safe bowl then heat in the microwave for three 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely liquified.
- Next, pour chocolate over the top of the frozen shortbread and caramel layers and use a spoon to spread out evenly. Place into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Once chilled, using the parchment paper liner on the bottom of the dish, lift out the hardened mold and place on a cutting board. Slice lengthwise down the middle then across, cutting into rectangular Twix bar shapes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.