Brussel Sprout Protein Powered Caesar Salad
Power up your day with this version of a caesar salad which features our Organic Crounons, a gluten-free alternative to traditional croutons.
For the Salad:
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, ends trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained
- 1 cup Carrington Farms Organic Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt Crounons
For the Protein Caesar Dressing:
- 1 scoop simply tera's organic lactose free plain unsweetened whey protein
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked & drained
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Heat a large skillet then add Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil and the thinly sliced brussels sprouts. Sauté on medium heat for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until softened and some parts are golden. Move off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
To a high-speed blender add 1 scoop of simply tera’s organic lactose free plain unsweetened whey protein and the remaining dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
Add the sautéed brussels sprouts to a salad bowl then top with capers and Carrington Farms Organic Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt Crounons .
Lastly, pour over the Protein Caesar Dressing and enjoy.