Sweet Potato Pancake Cornucopias
Our Sweet Potato Flour, Gluten Free Baking Spray, and our Organic Coconut Oil is the trifecta to make these sweet treats shine along with the best fruit filling to satisfy that sweet tooth.
For the batter:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 ½ tsp water
- 1 ½ tsp rum, vanilla, or additional water (about 1 ½ tsp)
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt (1/6 tsp if using table salt)
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup Carrington Farms Sweet Potato Flour sifted
- Carrington Farms Gluten Free Baking Spray for greasing the pan
For the filling:
- 1 bag of green grapes
- 1 bag of red grapes
- 1 container of fresh strawberries
- 1 container of fresh blackberries
- 1 container of fresh raspberries
- 4 Oranges
- 4 Pears
- Add any additional seasonal fruits of your choice
- Herbs for garnish
- Separate the whites from the yolks and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until they are foamy. Then add salt. Continue whisking, adding in sugar in small batches.
- Add Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil, Carrington Farms Sweet Potato Flour and mix on low speed, increase speed to medium for 5 minutes. Add vanilla and honey. Then let the batter stand for 30 minutes.
- Spray a frying pan with Carrington Farms Gluten Free Baking Spray and use a ladle to scoop the batter onto a hot skillet (medium heat) and spread to form a 6-inch circle. Fry between 1 and 2 minutes until golden brown on both sides over low heat. Repeat until all of the batter is finished (makes about 6).
- Immediately after frying, gently fold a pancake into a cone and pinch edges to close on the bottom and let cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the pancakes cool, wash and pat dry the fruits. Once cooled, add one of each fruit into each cornucopia and repeat until they are full. Arrange on a platter or cutting board to serve.
Storing and reheating: You can save the cornucopias up to 48 hours in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before eating.