Oven-baked barbecue ribs slathered in a sticky sauce that comes with a little kick and a little crisp.
- 4 lbs baby back ribs, about 2 racks
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce of your choice
- Place ribs in a single layer on a rimmed sheet tray or oven-safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, make the spice rub by combining salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, orange zest, and garlic. Add two tablespoons of Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil to create a paste and then smear evenly over the surface of the ribs. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour, and up to overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil or a lid and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours, until meat is very tender, and ribs are cooked through.
- Transfer ribs to a rimmed sheet tray with a rack. Brush the surface of the ribs with the 2 remaining tablespoons of Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil and 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce. Broil on low for 8-10 minutes, until the outside is crispy and browned.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and brush with the remaining barbecue sauce before serving.