With more protein and less carbs than bread crumbs, using our Ground Lupin Bean in this Chicken Parmesan might be our smartest gluten-free recipe upgrade yet.
- 1 ⅔ cup Carrington Farms Ground Lupin Bean
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ⅔ cup Flour
- 2 eggs
- Dried Oregano
- 4 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 large mozzarella ball
- 1 small bunch basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Oil for frying (try Carrington Farms Coconut Cooking Oil)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cut the chicken breast in half and press slightly with a rolling pin
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- Mix the dried oregano, salt and Ground Lupin Bean in another bowl Dust the chicken breasts in flour then dip in the egg mix. Place into the seasoned Lupin mix and crumb on both sides until covered well.
- In a small sauce pan sauté the shallots and garlic till slightly golden add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar and reduce by half and season with salt and 1 tsp sugar.
- Heat oil in a large frypan and cook coated chicken on medium heat for 2 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Drain chicken on a piece of absorbent paper, and then place onto oven trays (lined with baking paper).
- Cover the chicken breast with tomato mix and then tear the mozzarella into small chunks and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has slightly melted.
- Top with torn fresh basil and serve