Perfect for Easter! Hard boiled eggs are infused with antioxidant rich, all-natural Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder for a gorgeous deep pink hue, without using store-bought chemical dyes.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
For the Filling:
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp Reese Prepared Horseradish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully add the eggs to the boiling water and cook at a gentle boil for 10-12 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare a large bowl with ice and water and make the pink beet liquid.
- Add the Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder, distilled white vinegar and water to a container for the eggs and whisk until the beet powder is fully dissolved. Cover and set aside.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, add the eggs to the ice water bowl to “shock” them and stop the cooking process.
- Gently roll the eggs on a flat surface to loosen the shell, peel then place them in the pink beet liquid. Cover and refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to marinate and dye.
- After the eggs have marinated and turned pink, cut the eggs in half and scoop out the egg yolks and place into a mixing bowl. Place the dyed egg whites on a serving platter.
- To the bowl with the egg yolks add mayonnaise, mustard, Reese® Prepared Horseradish, and salt. Mix and mash well until smooth.
- Add the yolk and horseradish mixture to a piping bag then pipe into the halved and dyed egg whites. Garnish with thinly sliced scallions and serve.