Festive Dip Platter
Homemade veggie chips pair perfectly with lemony cucumber yogurt dip, which gets a zesty kick thanks to our Mustard Seed Oil and Organic Ghee.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, ends trimmed, grated (about 2 cups grated)
- 1 tsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- a pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tsp Carrington Farms Mustard Seed Oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
For the Vegetable Chips:
- 2 small peeled sweet potatoes; thin ends trimmed
- 3 fat peeled carrots, thin ends trimmed
- 1 large peeled beet
- 1 small peeled taro root
- 1 small peeled yucca root
- Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt, or more to taste
- 3/4 tsp chili powder or curry powder; or 1/2 tsp of one of the following: ground black pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne powder, or wasabi powder
To make the dip:
- Add yogurt, grated ginger, lemon juice and salt to a large bowl.
- Place the cucumber flesh in a fine mesh strainer. Using a spoon, press on the cucumber flesh to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add drained cucumbers to the yogurt and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Heat Carrington Farms Organic Ghee and Carrington Farms Mustard Seed Oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add a pinch of garlic powder, mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them crackle, about 10 seconds. Remove from heat and pour over the dip.
- You can serve immediately or store up to two days in the refrigerator.
To make the Vegetable Chips:
- Evenly space three racks in the oven, and preheat the oven to 300°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice vegetables to 1/8-inch thickness using a mandoline or very sharp knife. (You should have 4 cups of sliced vegetables.)
- Spray Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray onto each prepared baking sheet, and use a pastry brush to coat parchment. Place individual sliced vegetables on baking sheets without letting them touch. Spray vegetables generously with Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray and sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle spices evenly over with a fine mesh strainer.
- Place baking sheets in oven, and bake 20 to 30 minutes, rotating trays every 7 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown on edges and look dry. (To test, take 1 chip off baking sheet, cool on counter 30 seconds, then taste for crispiness.) Cool for 1 minute on a baking sheet, then transfer to a large bowl or cooling rack to cool completely.
Assemble the dip, the vegetable chips and Wellington Crackers on a serving tray. Serve with some cut fresh vegetables and your Festive platter is ready to be enjoyed.