Flax Pesto Pasta
Everyone loves a perfect pasta dish, so we bring you this recipe that is made with our Organic Milled Flax Seeds, Organic Flax Cooking Oil and paired with Davinci Bowtie Pasta.
- 16 oz DaVinci Bowties
- ¼ cup Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 4 oz Basil Leaves
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ cup Carrington Farms Flax Cooking Oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then season with salt and drop the DaVinci Bowties. Cook until al-dente, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the flax seed pesto. Add washed basil leaves to a food processor along with the Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds, garlic cloves, grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Turn on the food processor and slowly drizzle in the flax oil. Blend until creamy.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large bowl with the flax seed pesto and mix to combine then serve.