Gingerbread Snacking Cake
This gluten-free recipe is filled with warming spices and topped with a cream cheese frosting for the perfect holiday treat.Ingredients:
For the cake:
- 1 cup Carrington Farms Cassava Flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (almond, oat, or regular)
- Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
For the frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder, or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray an 8” cake pan with Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Carrington Farms Cassava Flour Substitute, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil, maple syrup, molasses, egg, vanilla, and milk. Whisk until smooth and homogenous.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula, until well-mixed and no dry streaks remain.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center of the cake is set and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let the cake cool in the pan before inverting onto a cooling rack.
To make the frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and Carrington Farms Organic Ghee, at room temperature until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until the frosting is light and fluffy. If the frosting is too thick, you can add a splash of milk to thin it out and if it is too thin, add powdered sugar (a tablespoon at a time) until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Spoon frosting on top of the cake and spread into an even layer.