Ground Lupin Bean Stuffed Mushrooms
These flavorful bites are made with our Ground Lupin Bean for a quick, healthy, and hearty filling that is high in protein and fiber with only 1 net carb.
- 26 button or cremini mushrooms, remove stems and finely chop
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup + ¼ cup Carrington Farms Ground Lupin Bean, divided
- 10 oz baby spinach, washed
- 2 tbsp water or white wine
- 2-oz feta cheese, finely crumbled
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Evenly space mushroom caps on a sheet pan lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add olive oil until warm, add shallots, garlic and chopped mushrooms stems, and sauté for 4 minutes. Add basil, salt, black pepper, 1/3 cup ground lupin, spinach, water or white wine, cover for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add feta cheese, stir until cheese has melted, then fold in 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup ground lupin beans and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- Spoon spinach mixture into each mushroom cap and sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with the ground lupin bean/parmesan mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and topping is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
- Make this dish the night before! Stuff the mushroom caps with the spinach mixture and store in the refrigerator. And in a separate airtight container, store the ground lupin bean/parmesan mixture. When ready to bake, simple sprinkle ground lupin bean/parmesan mixture over the stuffed mushrooms and bake. If mushrooms are chilled, cooking time make increase to approximately 20 to 25 minutes.