Kale Caesar Salad With Grilled Chicken
This is our take on a classic Caesar salad, but we’ve upped the nutritional value and the toppings.
For the Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 anchovies
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ of a lemon
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
For the Salad:
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- ¼ cup Carrington Farms Organic Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Crounons
- To make the dressing, finely chop the anchovies and place them in a medium bowl. Add the grated garlic, mustard, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- While continuing to whisk, stream in Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil, followed by the parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and then place them in the hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the edges begin to cook, and the bottoms are golden brown, then flip. Continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through depending on the thickness of the cutlet. Remove from the skillet and let cool slightly before slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, carefully lower in the eggs and cook for 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking and let cool for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs and set aside.
- Roughly chop the kale and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining 1 teaspoon of Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil and use your hands to gently massage the kale until completely coated. Drizzle with Caesar dressing and toss to coat. Top with sliced chicken breast, sliced eggs, and Carrington Farms Organic Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Crounons.