Lupin Burrito Bowl
Gear up your fiesta with this better-for-you Lupin Burrito Bowl that’s full of protein, fiber and is Vegan friendly.
For the cilantro-lime Lupin:
- 1 cup Carrington Farms Ground Lupin, Plain
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- ½ tsp lime zest (about 1 lime)
- ¼ cup packed cilantro, minced
For the pico de gallo:
- 4 small-medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion (about ½ red onion)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt, to taste
For the Guacamole:
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp cilantro, minced
- Salt, to taste
For the bowls:
- 3 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil, divided
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp chili powder, divided
- ½ tsp chipotle powder, divided
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- For the cilantro-lime Lupin: Cook Carrington Farms Ground Lupin according to package instructions. Add lime juice, zest and cilantro and stir to combine.
- For the pico de gallo: Combine tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt, to taste.
- For the Guacamole: In a small-medium bowl, mash avocado with lime juice, onion and cilantro. Season with salt, to taste.
- For the bowls: Heat 1 tablespoon Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn, ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder and ¼ teaspoon chili powder. Stir and sauté for 5-8 minutes, or until corn begins to brown. Remove from pan. In a large bowl, toss tofu with remaining chili powder and chipotle powder. Working in two batches, add 1 tablespoon Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil to the pan over medium-high heat and add half of tofu. Cook for 5 minutes, flipping over half way through, or until browned and crispy. Repeat with second batch.
- Build your bowl starting with the chipotle-lime lupin, adding beans, tofu, corn, pico de gallo, and guacamole.