Pesto Cheese Bombs
These cheesy Pesto Bombs feature our Keto Bread Mix and our Organic Ghee, which add a rich, buttery flare.
- 1 package Carrington Farms Keto Bread Mix
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee for greasing
- 1 cup marinara sauce (warmed)
- Place a ramekin or ceramic bowl in the center of a springform pan and grease the inside edges of the pan with ½ tablespoon of Carrington Farms Organic Ghee as well as the outside of the bowl to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Prepare the Carrington Keto Bread Dough:
- In a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment or by hand, combine the contents of the Carrington Farms Keto Bread Mix package with 1 ½ cups of warm water (105F-125F) and Carrington Farms Organic Ghee and knead until the dough is silky and smooth (5-10 minutes in a stand mixer on low-medium speed, or 10-15 minutes by hand).
- Cover bowl with a tea towel or plastic wrap and allow to rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
- After the dough has risen for 2 hours, divide the dough into 16-20 pieces and roll them out into circles.
- Cut each of the cheese sticks into quarters. Wrap each chunk of cheese in each dough circle and seal edges to create a ball.
- Add pesto to a small bowl and roll each ball of dough in the pesto to coat. Add to the pan in a ring shape and cover with any remaining pesto.
- Bake at 350 degrees F with a layer of foil under the pan to catch any grease that might leak out for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and some melted cheese is visible.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add warmed marinara to the center dish for dipping. Serve hot.