Red Velvet Cake Bites
Easy to make, this recipe uses our Beet Root Powder to get that iconic red color and our Lupin Flour as the perfect gluten-free base that's high in protein and fiber.
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute for keto)
- 2/3 cup Carrington Farms Organic Plant Based Ghee, melted (microwave on 50% power for 10-20 seconds or until melted)
- 2 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Plant Based Ghee to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Carrington Farms Lupin Flour
- 1/2 cup Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cashew butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add sugar, ⅔ cup Carrington Farms Organic Plant Based Ghee, plant milk and apple cider vinegar to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- To another large mixing bowl add sifted Carrington Farms Beet Root Powder, Carrington Farms Lupin Flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula to combine.
- Grease all sides of a 9-inch round or square cake pan with about 2 tablespoons of room temperature Carrington Farms Organic Plant Based Ghee and line with parchment paper. Add the red velvet cake batter to the prepared cake pan and bake at 325°F for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the cake pan for 5 minutes then lift out and move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Add the cooled cake to a large bowl and break apart using a fork. Add the cashew butter and mix well then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop and roll the chilled mixture into balls to make the cake bites then roll some into shredded coconut.
- Serve as is on a plate or use cake pop sticks.