Stuffed Jack’o Peppers
- 1 tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 package Carrington Farms Ground Lupin Bean Garlic & Herb, prepared according to package
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 6 large orange bell peppers
- 5 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Carrington Farms Ghee Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat Carrington Farms Organic Ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add beef, salt, and pepper. Crumble the ground beef with a wooden spoon and cook until browned. Remember it will continue to cook inside the peppers so don’t over cook at this stage.
- Remove from heat and stir in Carrington Farms Ground Lupin, cooked, tomato sauce and parsley.
- Prepare the bell peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the seeds. Using a paring knife cut out two triangle eyes and a jack o lantern smile. Save the pepper tops!
- Stuff the peppers with the beef and lupin mixture. Top each pepper with mozzarella and place tops of peppers back on each jack o lantern.
- Spray peppers with Carrington Farms Ghee Cooking Spray
- Bake until the mixture is heated through and mozzarella is melted, about 20 to 25 minutes.