Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Carrington Farms Brewer's Barley Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pumpkin seeds, chopped
- Carrington Farms Gluten Free Baking Spray
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, Carrington Farms Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, pumpkin puree, milk and eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and whisk them into the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Place 12 paper muffin cups in a muffin pan and spray inside each cup with Carrington Farms Gluten Free Baking Spray. Divide the batter up into the muffin cups.
- For the cheesecake filling, beat all ingredients together with a mixer, then place the mixture in a piping bag.
- Insert the tip of the piping bag about halfway into each muffin and fill it to the top.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffin part comes out with just a few crumbs stuck to it.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan, then serve and enjoy!