Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Rich in flavor thanks to our Organic Ghee, this recipe is crispy around the edges, and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 8oz each)
- ½ cup Carrington Farms Organic Ghee with Pink Himalayan Salt, melted
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Blend
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray (we recommend Carrington Farms’ Coconut Oil Cooking Spray or Carrington Farms’ Ghee Cooking Spray) and set aside.
- Wash your potatoes and cut off rounded edges (i.e., the bottom) of the potato so it will lie flat, and the ends.
- Place two chopsticks on either side of the potato to serve as cutting guides. Make vertical cuts to create even 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices down the entire length of the potato, taking care not to cut all the way through the bottom (the chopsticks should stop you from doing so).
- Arrange potatoes in casserole dish, leaving some space between them.
- Mix together melted ghee, garam masala and salt in a small bowl. Generously brush about half the mixture over the sliced potatoes. Make sure the inside gets buttered as well.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and brush remaining ghee mixture on top of potatoes and in between layers.
- Bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned and crispy on the edges and soft throughout.
- Sprinkle with large flake sea salt, pepper, and more garam masala to taste; top with sliced green onions and serve warm.