Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Lupin Burritos
This burrito is stuffed with our savory Garlic and Herb Ground Lupin for an extra punch of plant-based protein, plus veggies like spinach, sweet potato, and creamy avocado.
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp Carrington Farms Coconut and Avocado Cooking Oil Blend
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 tsp chili powder, divided
- Juice of 1/2 of a medium lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Carrington Farms Garlic and Herb Ground Lupin
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scrub and cube sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl with the thinly sliced red onion and bell pepper. Drizzle with Carrington Farms Coconut and Avocado Cooking Oil Blend and toss with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder. Transfer to the prepared baking pan and spread in an even layer. Roast for 30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are browned, and peppers and onions are soft.
- Cook Carrington Farms Garlic and Herb Ground Lupin Bean according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooled roasted veggies, black beans, diced jalapeño, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Working one at a time, place each tortilla on a flat work surface. Place 2-3 spoonfuls of cooked lupin and a line of sweet potato mixture in the center of the tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll tightly. Repeat with the remaining burritos. Serve with salsa, hot sauce, and avocado if desired.